WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS HELD/COLLECTED GENERALLY
The personal information we collect generally includes:
- Company name, client name, address, date of birth, contact details and other personal details;
- Basic financial information. We generally do not seek to collect sensitive information. We would only do so with your consent, or if required by law or if necessary in connection with any claim.
- In some circumstances, you may deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, in most circumstances it is impracticable to do so because if you do not provide us with the Personal Information that we require or if you provide it in a way that does not identify you; we are likely to be unable to carry out the services requested by you.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in ways including:
- Completion of applications
- Through your access and use of our website
- During conversations between you and our representatives
- Through you giving us your business card
- When an enquiry is made by telephone, mail, face to face, via our website
- When you enquire, apply or work with us with respect to marketing your busienss and its products and services
- Any other collection of or incidental or directly or indirectly related to a service or product we may be able to provide to you.
- From third parties such as credit reporting agencies;
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING/HOLDING THE INFORMATION
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To supply our products and services to you;
- Responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and services;
- To approve transactions you wish to make;
- Ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations and conducting appropriate credit checks
- Completion any necessary documentation to media outlets, Domain registration companies, Hosting providers or statutory authorities;
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED AND DISCLOSED GENERALLY
- Your consent
Sometimes we will ask you to consent to a disclosure or use of your personal information for a particular purpose. We may do so in writing or over the phone. Other times, your consent will be taken to be given, where you indicate to us that you wish to obtain information about any of the services that we provide. We do not and will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other company or organisation, without your prior consent, where that consent is required by law.
We also may disclose or use your personal information without your consent in the following circumstances:
- To our related companies;
- To organisations which provide services to us;
- With your consent or where it is necessary to provide you with services; – Where required by Law; and
- To organisations which have requested us to provide services to you or who co-operate with us in offering products or services.
- To lawyers or conveyancing companies to create documentation or contracts; & to debt collection agents for debts incurred.
- Disclosures of or incidental to promotion and marketing to you of our services and products or Digital White Space PTY LTD
- To the general public when advertising or marketing your services or products including internet advertising or marketing, for the purposes of selling the products or services as agreed
- Disclosures to media organisations, on the internet, financial institutions including our financial services company, government and statutory bodies, legal representatives, accountants, business consultants and other third parties as required by law.
- Disclosures to our third party consultants such as those consultants who from time to time may manage our database and/or computer system and/or who undertake the advertising and marketing on behalf of the entity known as Digital White Space PTY LTD and its related companies, or specifically your property.
Your web browser offers so-called “cookies” which, if you allow their use, store small amounts of data on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies do not contain any Personal Information about you and therefore cannot be used to identify you personally. However, cookies assist us in tracking which of our features you like best. Therefore, cookies enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser settings. Our Sites are viewable even if you disable the cookie function on your browser. However, if you disable cookies, some advanced and customized features will not be available to you.
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons, which are also called “single-pixel gifs”. These images allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We may also include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to count how many messages have been opened and acted upon. Web beacons are not used to access your Personal Information but they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about usage on the Sites. Web beacons collect only a limited range of information including the time and date of page view, cookie number and description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Although we have implemented systems and procedures to secure the data maintained by us, security during Internet transmissions can never be assured. Digital White Space PTY LTD employees are made aware of our privacy practices through periodic communications and training.
Our policy is to limit access to Personal Information to those Digital White Space PTY LTD employees or agents with a specific need to access or retrieve the information. We store data on multiple service systems, in controlled environments. To maintain security, we conduct internal reviews of our security measures on a regular basis. Please note, however, that any Personal Information you post in chat rooms or message boards is available to anyone. WHILE Digital White Space PTY LTD HAS TAKEN COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS TO SAFEGUARD PERSONAL INFORMATION, Digital White Space PTY LTD CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE COMPLETE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BECAUSE COMPLETE SECURITY DOES NOT PRESENTLY EXIST ON THE INTERNET.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
We will not knowingly collect Personal Information via the Sites from visitors younger than thirteen (13) years of age. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose on websites.
CHANGES IN CORPORATE STRUCTURE
DIRECT MARKETING/INTERNET BASED ADVERTISING
- You acknowledge that where we reasonably determine it to be appropriate, we may add some of your Personal Information including your name, address, phone numbers, facsimile number and email address to our databases or databases of our related companies. The databases will be used for ongoing marketing and sales related purposes or to advise you of the other services we can offer.
- The type of marketing and sales activities that we undertake includes sending material to you so that you are kept updated in relation to various marketing related issues or other services that we can offer you.
- You always have the option to unsubscribe from any direct marketing communication you receive from us.
- We reserve the right to remove any photos, comments or other material that is in any way inappropriate or offensive (in our opinion) from our Social Media Sites.
- Digital White Space PTY LTD stores your personal information using industry standards for security of information in order to safeguard it from misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction. By using Digital White Space PTY LTD Internet site you agree that the Internet is inherently insecure and can only use its best endeavours to secure your personal information.
- If you wish to access or correct any personal information we hold about you or have any feedback or concerns about privacy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the case of access and correction requests, please provide as much detail as us as set out below you can about the particular information you seek in order to help us retrieve it.
- If your personal information is not provided to us, and you do not consent to the uses to which we may put your personal information, we may not be able to carry out our duties and responsibilities to you as a professional marketing communications agency.