In a time of a changing buyer landscaper, pre-sale engagement has changed dramatically. Buyers used to have very limited information. Now they have more than they can even use. If you don’t want your marketing message to get ignored, it needs to be more targeted and personal then ever before. Nurturing leads with relevant content is now a requirement
“The average sales cycle has increased 22% over the past 5 years due to more decision makers being involved in the buying process” – Sirius Decisions
THE MARKETING PROBLEM
From the start of the sales cycle to closing the sale, there are several roadblocks businesses need to overcome :
- Not enough leads to feed the sales funnel.
- No easy way to qualify leads.
- No way to effectively nurture leads.
- Big gaps in follow-up from the sales team.
- Can’t see where the leaks in the pipeline are.
- Don’t know which tactics are driving revenue.
““Only 27% of leads sent directly to sales are qualified.” – Marketing Sherpa
A PREVIEW OF MARKETING AUTOMATION
Marketing Automation is a set of tools that let companies:
- Generate more leads by identifying anonymous web visitors and capturing them with forms, so your sales funnel stays full
- Increase number of qualified leads by nurturing all leads with personalized content
- Drive more sales by identifying sales-ready leads for the sales team, and helping them follow up as fast as possible
- Improve up-selling and cross-selling by developing and retaining existing customers
- See comprehensive ROI for every marketing tactic by tracking the entire sales process from end-to-end
THE MARKETING SOLUTION
With automation, it is easier to sail through the roadblocks as it gives you several tools to enhance your sales funnel at each stage :
- Fill your sales funnel by capturing leads with great content gated by dynamic forms.
- Identify highly interested and sales -ready leads with lead scoring.
- Develop leads that aren’t sales-ready by automatically putting them on nurturing campaigns. Instantly notify salespeople about leads that are ready to buy.
- See exactly when leads fall out of your pipeline and take action.
- Know which tactics are driving revenue with end-to-end ROI
SO WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CRM YOU ARE CURRENTLY USING AND MARKETING AUTOMATION TOOLS?
APPLICATION OF MARKETING AUTOMATION TO B2B COMPANIES
In nearly all cases, the high revenue per sales transaction (RPU) of the typical B2B company justifies the relatively small spend on marketing automation. Every sale is worth thousands and every lead is worth hundreds of dollars. Typical B2B companies spend hundreds of thousands, or millions, of dollars on sales salaries and lead generation activities. Therefore, it is extremely important to identify every lead and convert each of these leads into sales at the highest rate possible.
Marketing automation drives more qualified leads and collects valuable sales intelligence to improve closing rates. These efficiencies are incredibly valuable to your B2B clients
APPLICATION OF MARKETING AUTOMATION TO B2C COMPANIES
Marketing automation present B2C companies with a different set of value propositions, but without a doubt, the benefits of marketing automation for B2C companies can be equally impressive.
The ability to segment customers and automate near one-on-one communication will drive more sales. While all the analytics a marketing automation tool captures will help eliminate waste, refine messaging and prove ROI.
In summary, marketing automation is a must have for today’s business to generate more revenue by increasing qualified leads and getting ahead of the competition.